Shalem College is an undergraduate degree-granting institution of higher education that prepares outstanding students for roles of leadership and influence in Israel and around the world. Additional information can be found on the “FAQ” page and throughout our website. Shalem College attaches great importance to the values of equality and accessibility, on our campus, in the services we provide, and on our website and other digital assets. To that end, our website is adjusted in accordance with the provisions and regulations of Israel’s Equal Rights for Persons with Disabilities Law. The website includes the following accessibility features, all of which may be enabled by clicking on the accessibility button on the main screen:
- Screen-reading options in lieu of images and links.
- Closed captioning for videos.
- Content organization consistent with accessibility standards.
- Site optimization for screen-reading software.
- Text/color contrast and greyscale option for color blindness and visual impairments.
- Navigation by means of the keyboard.
- Accessible forms and methods of contact.
- The Law for Equality for People with Disabilities (1998).
- Accessibility regulations for the disabled in public facilities.
- Israel standard 1918, where relevant.
- Accessible external access to the campus building
- Accessible parking areas
- Accessible restrooms
- Systems for accessibility and the hearing impaired are placed at the main entrance
- Accessibility-compliant signage throughout the campus building